5 True-False questions about altitude
- A good physical fitness help to prevent altitude sickness.
- Smokers are more exposed to altitude sickness.
- Speed of ascent is tightly correlated to symptoms severity.
- Acute mountain sickness (AMS) can occurs at 2500m.
- AMS cannot occur during a short altitude exposure (<4h).
Find the answers bellow this picture
- False: there is no link between a good physical fitness and altitude tolerance
- False: smoke doesn’t increase AMS incidence in healthy individuals
- True: 10% of people show symptoms at 2500m. 50% starting from 3500m
- True: depending on individuals the delay for AMS to occurs goes from 4h to 12h. That is why people don’t develop AMS during an ascent to Aiguille du Midi (3842m).