Insted students learned about avalanche- & glacier awareness.
We have over 40 students studying at Insted and it’s important for us to provide a safe environment both on and off the mountain.
The avalanche- & glacier course was provided by the mountains guides: Pelle Bagewitz, Adam George and Danny Uhlmann. They focus mainly on avalanche- & glacier awareness rather than talking about the latest gear and equipment. The most important factor to stay safe in the mountains is to make the right decision before putting your-self in a dangerous situation.
Here are some photos from the Insted students avalanche- & glacier course. It was a two day course with both theoretical and practical parts, here are a few things that our students was thought:
– How the avalanches gets triggered.
– What terrain is the most common for an avalanche.
– How the weather effects the avalanche danger.
– How to behave on a glacier.
– What equipment you need when moving on a glacier and skiing off piste.
– Learn how to use a probe, shovel and a transceiver/beacon.
– Crevasse rescue with rope and harness.